- We offer high-quality educational programs for children ages nursery through high school, including New Hope Christian Academy, Faith Lutheran Junior/Senior High School, educational ministries and a variety of summer faith-based camps.
- Active small groups ministry encompassing educational, fellowship and service opportunities
- Dedicated ministries for Celebrate Recovery and Gamblers Anonymous
- Personal community outreach through our Sandwich Ministry, Family Promise participation, Layette Ministry and Lutheran Social Services of Nevada participation.
- International outreach through our Global Mission program which includes fair trade sales, adopt a child, and clean water programs along with special activities like Operation Christmas Child, Dress a Girl Around the World and organized mission trips.
- Special events such as Remembrance Sunday, Blessing of the Pets, military and patriotic celebrations.
The prayers and praises of the first Good Samaritan pioneers rang out joyfully on December 12, 1976. Southwest Las Vegas was wide open space at that time. The congregation met in a hardware store during 1977, and was formally organized on October 23, 1977. The store was the Rainbow Mercantile Hardware Store, located at 3558 South Jones, which has since burned down. With 100+ charter members, enthusiasm for the Lord, and a faith that was growing, a congregation was planted that has flourished! Good Samaritan was the first Christian congregation in a building in Southwest Las Vegas. In this early location, the altar and pulpit were made up of the store’s wallpaper display tables. The church later relocated to its long-time location at Flamingo and Torrey Pines. After outgrowing that facility, the church was relocated in 2008 to a new campus. Since our transition to the new facility we have been continuing to grow both as a congregation as well as a school, New Hope Christian Academy. We provide a legitimate alternative to the other congregations around us as we are the only mainline congregation within a raidus of several miles.